|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 24, 2013|
• Strategy & Strategists
• Network & Information Security
• Terrorism & Counterterrorism
• Insurgency & Counterinsurgency
• Weapons of Mass Destruction
• Homeland Security & Defense
• Energy, Infrastructure & Environment
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
Terror Alert Level
• The Clausewitz Home Page
• Ghost City
Books on Terrorism
Books on Network Security
Books on WMD
CS Monitor: How an iPhone revolution could turn the Army upside-down
Nov 15, 2011 – Nick Wingfield
For soldiers, smart phones have already begun to unleash torrents of ingenuity, with some designing new soldier-friendly applications, such as links to the video feed of the base security camera. For the Army, its smart phone pilot program points to a culture shift that would not only put new streams of intelligence into the hands of soldiers in the field but also give them the chance to evaluate that data – blurring the lines between officers and those they command. And it is sending shivers though the defense industry, which has long had a monopoly on providing military technology.
Read the rest...
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Network & Information Security articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO – Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/8 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Celebrate – It’s Mothers Day!!
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: How Secure Are Your Social Accounts?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: The Password Problem. Is it Your Problem?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Have you met McAfee’s SIEM?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: NCCDC 2013 – Red Team Recap
• 5/7 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint announces Security Management System 3.6
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Yes, There are “Mother’s Day” Scams
• 5/6 McAfee Blogs: Emerging ‘Stack Pivoting’ Exploits Bypass Common Security
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Intel, McAfee Investing in Network Security; Strength through Acquisition
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Change Your Password Day – Get Onboard!
• 5/5 Frontline Sentinel: iFrame drive-by attack demo [Anatomy of Attack online]
• 5/3 Frontline Sentinel: Basic Use of Maltego for Network Intelligence Gathering
• 5/3 McAfee Blogs: AP, Burger King, LivingSocial….Who’ll be Hacked Next?
• 5/2 McAfee Blogs: Healthcare Cloud Enabled Analytics is Growing
• 5/1 McAfee Blogs: BadNews for Good People
• 5/1 Frontline Sentinel: The PR Implications Of Cyber Security
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: So, you want to build a Security Operations Center...
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: The new era of security intelligence, part 1
• 5/1 Enemy Insights: Inspired by Inspire? Issue 10 Published a Month before Boston Marathon Bombing
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: McAfee Partner Opportunity
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: Cybercasing – How Sharing Your Pics, Videos and Status Updates Can Get You Into Trouble
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: The Next Phase of Mobile Advertising: Conversing With Your Phone
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: How Trust Can Increase Sales and Set Your Business Apart
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: Data privacy and the right to be forgotten
• 4/29 Frontline Sentinel: VPN troubleshooting: Isolating VPN session timeout issues
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: Visualizing A DDoS Cyber Attack
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: How To Avoid Buying a Pretend Puppy
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: What’s your password? Well, 55% of IT believes it’s not secure
• 4/28 McAfee Blogs: How To Remember Your Passwords (And Not Have An IQ of 200!!)
• 4/27 Frontline Sentinel: Response to Huffington Post - Fines for Hacked Social Media Accounts
• 4/26 McAfee Blogs: Getting it Right – The Controversy, the Choice, the Results
• 4/26 McAfee Blogs: Tracking PDF Usage Poses a Security Problem
• 4/25 McAfee Blogs: Unify, Simplify and Strengthen Protection For Small Businesses
• 4/24 McAfee Blogs: Are Google and Bing Serving You Safe Search Results?
• 4/24 Frontline Sentinel: Modern security management strategy requires security separation of duties
• 4/24 McAfee Blogs: Facing SaaS application access management challenges? You’re not alone.
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Exploit News of Boston Marathon Bombing, Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
• 4/23 Frontline Sentinel: 2013 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report Released
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: PCI Compliance Best Practices: 3 Areas to Focus On
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Don’t Want to Read Through the Fine Print? There’s an App for That
• 4/23 Frontline Sentinel: Falling for a Phishing Attack (This is fun)
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Travnet Botnet Steals Huge Amount of Sensitive Data
• 4/23 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint Unveils Faster Throughput Next Generation IPS
• 4/22 McAfee Blogs: Top Five Requirements for Tomorrow’s Email Security – Webinar featuring Forrester Research
• 4/22 Frontline Sentinel: Top 10 Security Breaches
• 4/22 McAfee Blogs: Beat Malware Through Integration
• 5/24 Donley: Sequestration Hits Air Force Readiness, Modernization
• 5/24 Arlington Wreath-Laying Ceremony Honors Fallen Servicewomen
• 5/24 At Annapolis, Obama Urges New Officers to Set the Example
• 5/24 Kendall: Better Buying Power 2.0 Aims to Improve Acquisition
• 5/24 DISA Team Develops New STIG Process
• 5/24 Obama Issues 'Prayer for Peace' Memorial Day Proclamation
• 5/24 Face of Defense: Airman Aids Victim of Oklahoma Tornado Strike
• 5/24 Carter Says Better Buying Power 2.0 Key to Managing Sequestration
• 5/24 Guardsman Focuses on Moore Community, Reclaims Home
• 5/24 Commissaries Plan for Monday Furloughs
• 5/24 Combined Force Arrests Taliban Facilitator in Kandahar
• 5/23 North Dakota Guard Wades in Against Flood Threat
• 5/23 Obama Vows to Close Guantanamo Detention Facility
• 5/23 Obama Delineates Counterterrorism Policy
• 5/23 Hagel Directs DOD to Implement Obama's Guidance
• 5/23 Oklahoma Airman Experiences Moore Tornado's Wrath
• 5/23 Face of Defense: Marine NCO Strives to Lead by Example
• 5/23 Hagel Pledges Partnership in Health Records Integration
• 5/23 Congressional Leaders Help USO Build Care Packages for Troops
• 5/23 Afghan, Coalition Forces Arrest Insurgents in Baghlan Province
• 5/22 Hagel: DOD, VA Work Together to Cut Claims Backlog
• 5/22 Hagel Hails Netherlands as Strong U.S., NATO Partner
• 5/22 Hagel Stresses Summer Safety in Message to Department
• 5/22 DOD, VA Move Ahead with Seamless Medical Record Effort
• 5/22 Director Details Furlough Plans for DOD Schools
• 5/22 Biden: Coast Guard Has Growing Role in Nation's Security
• 5/22 Battaglia Praises Students for Mural Honoring 9/11 Victims
• 5/22 Spending Cuts Devastate Cocaine Interdiction, Admiral Says
• 5/22 McRaven Sets Future Course for Special Ops Command
• 5/22 U.S. Northcom Aids Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Relief Efforts