|Innovating The Next Big Thing||May 22, 2013|
• Strategy & Strategists
• Network & Information Security
• Terrorism & Counterterrorism
• Insurgency & Counterinsurgency
• Weapons of Mass Destruction
• Homeland Security & Defense
• Energy, Infrastructure & Environment
• Remembering 9/11
Next Innovator Group
Feedjit Live Web Stats
Terror Alert Level
• The Clausewitz Home Page
• Ghost City
Books on Terrorism
Books on Network Security
Books on WMD
VOA: Scholar's Research Inspires Non-violent Protests
Feb 18, 2011 – Larry Freund
The growing demands for political change in the Middle East are focusing new attention on Gene Sharp, a scholar in Boston, Massachusetts, who has spent his life researching non-violent protest and publishing how-to guides for people hoping to move their governments toward democracy. Eighty-three-year-old scholar's works are widely recognized as the inspiration for dissidents in many nations. Gene Sharp has authored a number of publications, some circulated on his institution’s website, including "From Dictatorship to Democracy," which is available in 24 languages. Sharp believes there were two important factors leading to the end of Egyptian president Hosni Mubarak’s rule. The first, he says, was that the people lost their fear. Next, he says, they respected the need for peaceful assembly.
Read the rest...
» Send this article to a friend...
» Comments? Tell us what you think...
» More Strategy & Strategists articles...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
Support This Site
• 5/12 Frontline Sentinel: Two-Factor Authentication for Social Media Sites
• 5/10 McAfee Blogs: RealTime for ePO – Optimized Endpoint Security
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: NSA's Manual on Hacking the Internet
• 5/9 Frontline Sentinel: 8 charged in $45 million cybertheft bank heist
• 5/8 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Celebrate – It’s Mothers Day!!
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: How Secure Are Your Social Accounts?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: The Password Problem. Is it Your Problem?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Have you met McAfee’s SIEM?
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: NCCDC 2013 – Red Team Recap
• 5/7 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint announces Security Management System 3.6
• 5/7 McAfee Blogs: Yes, There are “Mother’s Day” Scams
• 5/6 McAfee Blogs: Emerging ‘Stack Pivoting’ Exploits Bypass Common Security
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Intel, McAfee Investing in Network Security; Strength through Acquisition
• 5/5 McAfee Blogs: Change Your Password Day – Get Onboard!
• 5/5 Frontline Sentinel: iFrame drive-by attack demo [Anatomy of Attack online]
• 5/3 Frontline Sentinel: Basic Use of Maltego for Network Intelligence Gathering
• 5/3 McAfee Blogs: AP, Burger King, LivingSocial….Who’ll be Hacked Next?
• 5/2 McAfee Blogs: Healthcare Cloud Enabled Analytics is Growing
• 5/1 McAfee Blogs: BadNews for Good People
• 5/1 Frontline Sentinel: The PR Implications Of Cyber Security
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: So, you want to build a Security Operations Center...
• 5/1 HP Security Lab Blog: The new era of security intelligence, part 1
• 5/1 Enemy Insights: Inspired by Inspire? Issue 10 Published a Month before Boston Marathon Bombing
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: McAfee Partner Opportunity
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: Cybercasing – How Sharing Your Pics, Videos and Status Updates Can Get You Into Trouble
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: The Next Phase of Mobile Advertising: Conversing With Your Phone
• 4/30 McAfee Blogs: How Trust Can Increase Sales and Set Your Business Apart
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: Data privacy and the right to be forgotten
• 4/29 Frontline Sentinel: VPN troubleshooting: Isolating VPN session timeout issues
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: Visualizing A DDoS Cyber Attack
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: How To Avoid Buying a Pretend Puppy
• 4/29 McAfee Blogs: What’s your password? Well, 55% of IT believes it’s not secure
• 4/28 McAfee Blogs: How To Remember Your Passwords (And Not Have An IQ of 200!!)
• 4/27 Frontline Sentinel: Response to Huffington Post - Fines for Hacked Social Media Accounts
• 4/26 McAfee Blogs: Getting it Right – The Controversy, the Choice, the Results
• 4/26 McAfee Blogs: Tracking PDF Usage Poses a Security Problem
• 4/25 McAfee Blogs: Unify, Simplify and Strengthen Protection For Small Businesses
• 4/24 McAfee Blogs: Are Google and Bing Serving You Safe Search Results?
• 4/24 Frontline Sentinel: Modern security management strategy requires security separation of duties
• 4/24 McAfee Blogs: Facing SaaS application access management challenges? You’re not alone.
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Cybercriminals Exploit News of Boston Marathon Bombing, Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
• 4/23 Frontline Sentinel: 2013 Verizon Data Breach Investigation Report Released
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: PCI Compliance Best Practices: 3 Areas to Focus On
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Don’t Want to Read Through the Fine Print? There’s an App for That
• 4/23 Frontline Sentinel: Falling for a Phishing Attack (This is fun)
• 4/23 McAfee Blogs: Travnet Botnet Steals Huge Amount of Sensitive Data
• 4/23 HP Security Lab Blog: HP TippingPoint Unveils Faster Throughput Next Generation IPS
• 4/22 McAfee Blogs: Top Five Requirements for Tomorrow’s Email Security – Webinar featuring Forrester Research
• 4/22 Frontline Sentinel: Top 10 Security Breaches
• 4/22 McAfee Blogs: Beat Malware Through Integration
• 5/22 Hagel Hails Netherlands as Strong U.S., NATO Partner
• 5/22 Hagel Stresses Summer Safety in Message to Department
• 5/22 DOD, VA Move Ahead with Seamless Medical Record Effort
• 5/22 Director Details Furlough Plans for DOD Schools
• 5/22 Biden: Coast Guard Has Growing Role in Nation's Security
• 5/22 Battaglia Praises Students for Mural Honoring 9/11 Victims
• 5/22 Spending Cuts Devastate Cocaine Interdiction, Admiral Says
• 5/22 McRaven Sets Future Course for Special Ops Command
• 5/22 U.S. Northcom Aids Oklahoma Tornado Disaster Relief Efforts
• 5/22 Texas-based Airman's Family Takes Steps to Help Tornado Victims
• 5/22 Face of Defense: Air Liaison Controls Skies, Saves Lives
• 5/22 Oklahoma Guard Soldiers Aid Responders in Tornado's Wake
• 5/22 Combined Force Arrests Taliban Leader in Helmand Province
• 5/22 Partnership to Expand Mental Health Services Makes Progress
• 5/22 Pacific Commander: U.S., China Can Build on Common Ground
• 5/21 Former Marine, Fire Captain Describes Loss of Sons on 9/11
• 5/21 Tinker Air Force Base Aids Tornado Recovery Effort
• 5/21 Battaglia Administers Oath for New Enlistees
• 5/21 Special Ops Components Adapt for Future Challenges
• 5/21 Troops, Families Can Visit Museums Free for Summer
• 5/21 Hagel, Australian Counterpart Note Progress, Cooperation
• 5/21 Joint Information Environment Serves Warfighters, Official Says
• 5/21 VA, Vet Groups Announce Initiative to Reduce Claims Backlog
• 5/21 Officials Announce Finalists for Employer Support Awards
• 5/21 Senior Army Guard Leader Describes Tornado Response
• 5/21 Special Report: Disaster Relief: Oklahoma Tornadoes
• 5/21 'DOD Live' Compiles Resources for People Affected by Disasters
• 5/21 Obama Pledges All Resources Oklahoma Needs
• 5/21 Oklahoma National Guard Responds in Tornado Relief Effort
• 5/21 Face of Defense: Soldiers Cook Up Smiles in El Salvador